Anomaly detection - params and questions / definition of terms

“Inference” is just the name of the object containing output from the NAPI (Network API).

Don’t worry about it. “Blank” is an internal representation that “crept” into the API, these get filled in automatically to allow all the headers to be the same length to ease and speed up parsing. All front-facing knowledge of it should be removed actually.

You should probably ask all HTM functionality questions in the NuPIC forum, since the functionality is the same in both. Java and Java API specific questions, I can answer or other HTM.Java savvy people can answer here, but I personally haven’t “used” NuPIC to any credible extent, and so wouldn’t be the best choice to ask those questions to.

You have to make sure your settings are the most efficient, which takes some learning and fiddling, though the “Anomaly” parameters have been normalized by Numenta engineers to a best fit for most situations. However, “Prediction” modeling requires maybe more specific parameter setting. One thing I noticed was that you use 500 bits for each field of your encoders which I think is probably overdoing it by about 5x - maybe (depending on how much variation and the “resolution” of the field data, of course)? Though the NuPIC forum might yield a different conclusion? Also, an Anomaly of “0.0” indicates either no inference (I believe), or that the data is completely predicted… Anyway, I would ask these questions on the NuPIC forum…

1 Like