Bay area Meetup at Numenta June 5

Hi all,

I’m travelling to the United States for a conference in the first week of June, and will be staying in the Union Square area of San Francisco. If anyone from the HTM community is around, it would be cool to meet up somewhere and chat about brains.

Monday 3rd June is probably the best date for me, but I’m also around on the evenings of 2nd (jetlagged), 4th, 5th and 6th.

Anyone who’s keen, post your preferred dates and we’ll see what happens!

4 Likes

Who is interested? I could put this on our Meetup page and help with arrangements if there is enough interest.

3 Likes

I’m in :smile:

1 Like

I could host at Numenta HQ in downtown Redwood City on Wednesday June 5th after work. We may not have beers, but we could definitely find a place to get them nearby. I can provide some light snacks!

The Caltrain station is an easy walk, so @jimmyw you could get here via public transit pretty easily I hope.

3 Likes

That sounds great! I’ll catch the train down.

1 Like

I want you folks on the forum to see this before I announce it on Meetup:

If you plan on coming, PLEASE RSVP!

3 Likes

Jeff will say a few words after I give a community update.

Does anyone else plan on presenting or showing anything?

1 Like

If so how long should we plan to talk for? Somewhere around 10 mins I’m guessing?

1 Like

Sounds good to me! Don’t forget to RSVP.

1 Like

If you can’t physically make it to this meetup, you can join live on Twitch June 5th at 7PM PDT to watch and interact.

3 Likes

Just a reminder that this event is happening this Wednesday. Today is the last day to RSVP!

@jimmyw @sheiser1 Do either of you (or anyone else) plan on presenting anything? If so, do you have slides? Asking because if no one else needs slides, I will not attempt to set up a projector. I will give a presentation, but it will be on a whiteboard in our main office, which is small. Setting up a projector is a bit of a pain.

No, I didn’t plan on presenting anything

1 Like

Starting in an hour, I’ll turn on the live-stream. It is pointed at the whiteboard in our conference room. I’ll encourage people to have discussions around the whiteboard, and I’ll display chat on a projection so attendees can see interact with chatters.

1 Like

Great meeting!
It’s nice to put a face to some of the names.

1 Like

I did not do a good job addressing all the chat chatter. My apologies. I hope you folks did not feel too ignored.

1 Like

There was a several second lag on the voice chat.
By the time the comment came out the conversation had moved on from that point.
In almost all cases I ended up talking over whoever was speaking.

I gave up on it after a while and went back to typed comments.

I agree, the voice lag made conversation really awkward. Not sure this type of chat works with a large audience on both ends.

Here is the whole Meetup in case you missed it and want to watch:

1 Like