Building HTM Systems (WIP Document)

Yesterday I had some trouble getting learning working, but I found the problem today and finished up.

On Monday, we’ll finish up the learning bit and start tracking active duty cycles. This will set the stage for implementing boosting.

AdobeStock_261379799

4 Likes

Next stream will be this afternoon on YouTube, where I’ll be writing prose describing Spatial Pooling.

2 Likes

I had to update the link, sorry. Technical difficulties.

1 Like

Check out the Spatial Pooler prose so far.

2 Likes

I’ll be continuing writing prose for the SP today about the minicolumn competition. Tune in at 1PM PDT.

Live-coding Active / Overlap Duty Cycles (again) in about 15 minutes.

I got duty cycles working properly on my fork (both active and overlap). I just ignored performance and cached 1000 time steps. After testing on the website, it did not slow anything down, so let’s roll with it. I’ll be explaining the code and merging / deploying today, then we’ll create the overlay duty cycle diagram.

Today we created stack-ranked minicolumn competition diagram.

See it live at https://building-htm-systems.herokuapp.com/spatial-pooling#stackRank

2 Likes

Hey folks, I am taking a break from the live-coding so I can do some code cleanup and make fast progress on my backlog. I’m also focusing a lot right now on learning Deep Learning. So I won’t be live-coding on this series for awhile. Just a heads-up. You can continue watching my progress on the Github Project Tracker and see all changes on the staging server.

1 Like

@rhyolight On the last “HTM Hackathon” you asked if anyone would be interested in helping finish up the BAMI book, however, seeing that BHTMS will be the new BAMI, I’m wondering if it makes more sense to contribute to BHTMS instead, especially since I know React and have Web Development Skills.

The issue here is that I want to contribute, but I’m not sure where to start. I just started big time diving into HTM systems (Read BAMI once and watched entire HTM schools series twice), and so I’m not sure I’m yet capable of implementing any unfinished part of the HTM system from scratch (I imagine I have to write my own and have it validated first before contributing in this regard).

Is there any low-hanging fruit that someone with React skills, a B.S. in Neuroscience and a lot of ambition can help with?

4 Likes

I haven’t done a great job keeping up with this. I have a few things to work on before getting back to this. But this is still up to date. You can certainly clone the project and see if you can get into it. @David_Duckworth has worked a lot on it, too, and has much more React experience. He was going to update the whole framework, but I haven’t heard from him in awhile.

4 Likes