Experimenting with stacking Spatial Poolers

Before possibly reinventing the wheel I spent time searching Google Scholar and elsewhere for helpful information, but I did not find anything worth mentioning.

After a few days of thinking a much easier starting point became an earlier more hippocampus related project where I need to connect memory layers much as you described. It gets added to an already existing navigation network containing full scale that vectors out paths between us and what attracts us.

All 2D layers do the same thing. Only difference is the 2D networks are different sizes, from maybe 100 wide to a 1 place/node wide network. There would then be interconnected multiple levels of detail, from whole room, to its cups (with close distance detail filled in by recall of multiple experiences of cups) on its mind at the same time.

If this turns out to make sense in neuroscience too (any evidence either way anyone?) then that will take care of the lesser understood farthest end of the visual stream, and what to do from there, to make something come to life in some biologically plausible way. Any ideas how to wire that one up?

2 Likes