Matt is live streaming on Twitch regularly

Sorry I forgot to post when I streamed earlier. Here is are the recordings. Great viewership today! We got raided by another channel and maxed out at 38 viewers. :smiley:

1 Like

Just wanted to say that I really enjoy your streams, keep up the good work!

2 Likes

Thanks for the rather inauspicious welcome (giggles).

We’ve been employing the triangle, tetrahedral net and resulting triangular grid for over six years with positive results. A colleague recently suggested Numenta may be of interest whereupon seeing the tet-net logo and skimming the introductory papers, we recognized the potential value of Numenta’s work to ours and so hoped we might attempt to identify some points of correspondence in order to engage in a constructive manner and in so doing share what may be some points of interest to the community pertaining to both the potential and nuance of the triangle topology.

1 Like

Thanks for the encouragement @momiji!

Thanks for not being a spambot @GoodReason! :wink:

I’ve decided not to stream today. I do not know if there will be a research meeting tomorrow or not. Thursday I will stream Forum Q&A and BHTMS.

1 Like

@GoodReason are you the first human to fail the Turing test? :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you for your question, jimmyw, but as it may be unsafe to assume the first human to fail the Turing test could answer your question, perhaps the question may be redirected to someone who can, or raised in terms of such an assumption being safe or unsafe.

Thanks again, jimmyw.

2 Likes

Streaming now, research meeting starts around 10:15AM Pacific (20-30 min).

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Numenta Research Meeting - May 22, 2019

Streaming BHTMS today. Starting with some casual chat and forum QA around 8:30 :clock830:. I’ll take a lunch break to get my kids from school early, then back to streaming around 1PM :clock1:. (2 streams today).

1 Like

Research meeting stream starting soon.

Live now, just chatting. Will be doing BHTMS soon enough.

Live research now.

Great stream again, Matt. Thanks for broadcasting these, Numenta! (Why not thousands of people are following these is beyond me).

Some musings about this session:

• The process of compensating for orientation must happen before grid cell processing (as opposed to paralel processing in a separate layer). Otherwise the grid patterns produced (and observed by the experiments) would not be fixed as the subject turns around in the box. This means that the orientation information is already contained in the grid cell modules (I think @jhawkins also briefly speculated about this). This also means a feature associated to a displacement cell is also connected and referenced orientationally to any other feature.

• The hexagonal (or triangular) pattern of the grid cells is not a constraint. It’s just an observation. Navigation in a space would work in any constellation as long as it remains fixed when the subject moves. So, if a grid cell pattern is deformed in a non-flat environment (e.g. the jungle gym rat experiment @mrcslws mentioned), then the subject would still be able to model its environment.

2 Likes

Streaming BHTMS now.

Two streams today:

• 10:10AM research meeting
  • 7PM Meetup

I am not streaming today, but tomorrow I’ll be busy:

What time zone are you in Matt? I’d love to be involved if possible

2 Likes

Pacific daylight savings time.

1 Like

Live now, talking about Rework AI Summit.

Today’s stream:

• ReWork AI Summit Day Two Recap
  • HTM Forum Q&A (if I have time)
  • Research Meeting (?)
  • BHTMS - Finish up SP learning and start Active Duty Cycles
1 Like