Numenta Office Hours (April 14, 2020)

Literally a map of the cortex, i.e. the place where the SWR should happens

1 Like

That would be a good way of looking at it. I have a picture in my mind of the extra connections being added by multiplexing to the grid cell module modules and have some clock cycle control the switching.
For this to work, as I noted in my question to Jeff, each sensory area would have to have its own grid cell modules in order to have the scaling be invariant over the object being sensed.
Maybe grid cells originally developed for eye positioning and then the cells were reused for navigation rather than navigation coming first. It works either way.

1 Like

For those of you who’ve RSVPed, you should have just gotten an email from Meetup with the Zoom URL and password to join at 5PM.

1 Like

If it’s not too late, I’d like to ask a question to Jeff and one to Subutai, but I don’t need to ask them personally:

I know this is a bit unfair as questions, since the material is so recent. But this new idea sounds really interesting. Thanks in advance.

Starting now at https://www.twitch.tv/rhyolight_

1 Like
4 Likes

In the context of my discussion with Jeff, I just came across this paper: A map of visual space in the primate entorhinal cortex that seems to support the idea of common grid cells used by the visual cortex.