Will the deprecated OPF be replaced?

NAB is being updated to run in Python 3, but the NuPIC contenders will remain in Pythonn 2. We want to keep the benchmark up to date with python, but we have no plans of updating the current numenta detectors. We might add more detectors in the future, but this is not a priority.

htmresearch-core will be updated with the smallest amount of python bindings we can get away with to keep current experiments working (live streaming this tomorrow). The htmresearch repo is still 2.7 and has been archived, along with htmresearch-core (c++). The new primary research repo is at GitHub - numenta/nupic.research: Experimental algorithms. Unsupported., and it is written in Python 3. It currently has no C++. But if we need to use C++, we will put it here with bindings.

If the community wants to build a framework like the OPF that helps create common types of models, I suggest this be built from scratch in Python 3 using nupic.cpp. I would support this effort as much as possible. We need a decent Python 3 HTM framework, and it doesn’t have to be a reference framework. I think you should convert nupic.py into the new OPF and pull out all the algorithms (leave them in nupic.cpp). Build the framework you want in nupic.py. I think I can find some time to help with this as a part of my “community projects” twitch schedule.

Then rename where XXX is whatever you decide to name your new OPF.

• nupic.py ==> htm.xxx
  • nupic.cpp ==> htm.cpp
1 Like