Encoding/Decoding union of SDRs

what happens if the union is made up of 1 SDR from say 4 clusters ?

also the goal is to get back ranked topN SDRs that most probably built the union.

I guess you mean the query is made of an union of 4 SDRs ?
In this case - whatever the search algorithm, you can simplify the problem the moment you find a match for any one of the 4, because you can subtract it from the union and continue with the “easier” and shorter query of only 3 SDRs

1 Like

I don’t know how Semantic DB should approach MNIST / image recognition in general.

I guess any “knowledge machine” should have a means to

• inspect its input
  • attempt to map it over (==recognize) previously seen patterns.
  • if current input can be “explained” in terms of recognized patterns then that’s it - there-s the answer
  • if current input is covered only partially by known patterns, then attempt to derive/infer a new pattern from whatever remains “uncovered” within current input.
  • any grouping of patterns seen together is a candidate for a new pattern.

I know, reality is not as easy as the above “algorithm” suggests, if it were we would not spend time on this forum. The last point in particular is what produces a complexity avalanche

PS I guess a starting point would be ability to handle “messy” inputs, e.g. mixing both “primes” and “fibbonacci” streams and figuring out both are present in the search query.

That’s an interesting language you’re building. Definitely has a Prolog feel. Excited to play with it when you put your “alpha” stamp on it :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s an interesting language you’re building. Definitely has a Prolog feel. Excited to play with it when you put your “alpha” stamp on it

Thanks for the interest! That is what I need most right now, other people to know about the project. I just released alpha of the GUI version yesterday, the command line version has been available for quite a while now if you have access to WSL, linux or mac and are prepared to compile it. But I think the GUI is much nicer to work with, but is currently windows only. wxwidgets is meant to be cross-platform, so in theory it should be portable to other platforms. At some stage soon I will post a release announcement to the appropriate htm sub-forum.

Some links:
The .exe and some example sw files: https://github.com/GarryMorrison/SemanticDB4/releases/download/v4.0-alpha/SemanticDB4--4.0.alpha.zip
The closest thing I have to a language spec: Semantic DB 3.1.1 usage information

Feel free to contact me either for help or bug reports or suggestions!
garry -at- semantic-db.org

1 Like