Grids into Maps!

The opening post of this thread to explain what I can has the paper “Dynamic Grouping of Hippocampal Neural Activity During Cognitive Control of Two Spatial Frames” I modeled from:

In the video I made you can see “Two Spatial Frames” working together, in each picture showing the network before and after propagating signals at that timestep in time. One frame maps the relevant memories of moving objects into the picture and the other frame maps the stationary objects, which are in this case (other than the food) invisible. It’s not necessary to map out the whole room and all in it at the same time, but in code it’s easiest to include all anyway.

It’s maybe still too early to know how well it models biology, but the average signal ratio matches live animal recordings and the virtual critter does as well or better than a live rat, at a very difficult task. I had to speculate in regards to the network rules that here turned out to only require those of reciprocal connections, to produce a vector map to navigate from.

3 Likes