Help with a basic python error

@rhyolight please do you have any solution of my problem:
i put " set user Dell" but the same error

According to this thread, after setting the environment variable it was necessary for that user to restart the computer.

Since it’s Windows, you probably want to set this from the graphical user interface. From a little Googling, the following process should work for setting an environment variable (not at a windows machine now, so cannot verify – do some Googling yourself if this is not correct):

• From the desktop, right click the Computer icon.
  • Choose Properties from the context menu.
  • Click the Advanced system settings link.
  • Click Environment Variables
  • Click New under User variables (you could also put it under System variables if you are the only user)
  • Enter USER for the Variable name
  • Enter dell for the Variable value (or whatever username you logged into the computer with)
  • (Save everything and) Reboot

Once logged back in after rebooting, open the command prompt and verify that the environment variable is set by entering:

ECHO %USER%

(should output “dell”, or whatever value you set it to)

Attention to detail is an important dev skill, BTW :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Summary
2 Likes

Yes, I put SET USER=dell (it’s just a mistake in the comment) and when I verify the user name with the command prompt I find USERNAME=dell but the same error, know I follow the same steps in your comment and finally its work, thanks @Paul_Lamb

1 Like