How are the cells per columns and length of sequence related?

A recursive representation is actually the route that I am currently exploring – it can work when the number of times the recursion must happen is stored in a sequence at a higher level of abstraction which is providing (apical) feedback down to the lower level of abstraction.

I walked through some visualizations of how this would wire up in another thread here. From that setup, imagine those representations in the output layer themselves becoming inputs to a sequence (such as (ABCD)` (ABCD)`` (ABCD)``` unfolding into the same sequence of representations A’’ B’ C’ D’ repeated three times)

There is of course a big implementation problem with that, which is the question of timing – that will need to be tackled at some point (today we are good at learning the order of elements, but not how long they each should last before moving to the next one).

Of course I may have misinterpreted what you meant by @mraptor describing recursion (for example, simply wiring up a recursive sequence in TM without an output layer providing feedback would introduce some difficult complications to overcome, like you said)

1 Like