Introduce yourself!

Hello !
If you know Delphi, I’m the guy behind the charting controls (TeeChart).
Time to recycle and catch-up into AI, exploring new pastures !

david

Hey.

I figured I might as well through in my introduction. Why not. I’m an AI researcher from America but I have been working between Spain and the UK for the last two years. I’ve been programming since a little bit before 2008 but I really got into it in 2009 when the first free version of Unity 3d came out. I’ve been programming ever since.

I have only been in AI for a little over 2 years, but I quickly grew tired of it because I had fanciful ideas that it was something related to real human intelligence. I started digging into what makes biological intelligence so different than the statistical approach that traditional AI has taken. I started with the simplest form of intelligence first, ameobas. With no brain cells or mind, they are capable of tracking temporal changes in nutrience and environmental changes as an individual. In a group they are capable of much more.

I started looking into seeing if anyone had made “ameobic intelligence” like models. Some of the first results around many iterations of search queries I was making was from Numenta. It’s the closest thing I have seen to true biological intelligence that exihibits all of the main qualities. It got me excited of the possibilities around digital intelligence again and I have been digging into it for the past month or so in private outside of work.

I definitely think there is a future to it and I am excited to get working with it or at least some concept based on the findings and research around it. So excited I’ve actually finally quit my job here in Spain and I’m headed back to the US to start my own private research and likely start a company up with a freind. I really do think it is the best shot towards general digital intelligence.

Definitely looking forward to contributing pieces to the edge of human knowledge.

Hi, I am from Assam(INDIA) and I want to know myself better. I discover Numenta when I was searching about “new intelligence model” in this year(2018) and somehow it was linked with “cortical.io”. I don’t work in anywhere, I’m still studying in home.
I was so much fascinated about something when I was 12 years old and later I found out, that something is AI. I am not satisfying with my life since still It’s not happening what I am trying to.
Anyway, I am still trying.
I salute you all.

Hi, my name is Gien. I’ve been wanting to join the forum for awhile but found it too cumbersome in the past so I’m glad you guys converted over to a more standard web forum format!

I’m here to learn if we can take Numenta ideas and apply to a system architecture we are building for a festival we are launching in late 2019 called The Tipping Point Festival. Our tagline is: Reaching Social Tipping Points before Planetary ones.

The Tipping Point Festival (TPF) is envisioned as an umbrella framework to mobilize a Bottom-up movement to accelerate rapid transition to a human civilization that is living within the limits of nature.It’s synchronized with the Mission 2020 objectives. Our feeling is that it will take more than governments and big business to avoid tipping points. The commons, the billions of citizens around the planet is the missing element, the sleeping giant of change, but it needs to be organized in a systematic way. TPF is designed to provide a space to catalog all the change actors and projects, networking them, and using a combination of Human and Artificial Intelligence (HAAI) working in tandem to solve the growing set of problems that threaten civilizational stability.

I’ve been interested in Jeff’s ideas and work for years and glad to see him and his team making such great progress. I especially like the fact that Numenta takes a biologically inspired AI approach. We are interested to see if we can use these ideas to develop a framework for both learning existing ideas and encoding new ones. We are big on open source and our platform is a problem solving space to create new innovation that goes directly into the commons because we feel that if billions of people are going to be empowered and not get left behind, they need the greatest accessibility possible to new innovation. For this reason, we are currently exploring creating an Open Knowledge Commons Foundation to help fund and systematize open knowledge. Numenta offers a possible practical solution for us to develop such a framework.

One question I wanted to ask is how Numenta and Redwood’s research synthesizes with the recent results of the Blue Brain project, specifically the new discovery of higher dimensional structures/geometries that Henry Markham believes can store memory.
https://bluebrain.epfl.ch/cms/lang/en/pid/146326
other interesting research news that could link to Redwood/Numenta
https://bluebrain.epfl.ch/page-141408-en.html

Their open source knowledge graph
https://bluebrain.github.io/nexus/

Is Redwood / Numenta part of the Blue Brain and Human Brain endeavors?

Hi, I’m Felix. I’ve enjoyed reading the threads here and thought it would be good to get an account so that I could track what I have/n’t read. Keep up the good work.

My name is John Grisinger. I’m a civil engineer by training whose career soon moved into information management and database architecture where I did some consulting. I wanted to understand what information is and that required understanding what memory is and how we acquire it. I wondered if there might be a way to use business rules to directly build business systems. That led me to study linguistics to better understand the structure of languages. I read On Intelligence when it first came out as well as a variety of other books and papers. There was little that was helpful on my specific interest. I looked instead for the simplest possible platform that allowed all forms of information to be stored as well as to store the elements of language. What I developed was essentially a directed graph model, but one that is simpler and also more general than the graph models currently implemented. I demonstrated that it could store all of the forms of human comprehension about the world and the word needed for language. I identified how it could generate both linguistic and mathematical expressions from what is stored. That platform looked like how neurons might be configured. I used reverse engineering to find neural behaviors that store neural configurations that replicated the configurations that could be stored in that platform. The neural behavior I arrived at is surprisingly effective at explaining how perception and memory arise from neural behavior, how recognizing and recalling work and provides a more complete description of the different forms of memory.

I am writing a paper describing that memory-specific neural behavior and the configurations of neurons it creates. I currently refer to it as Perception Pattern Structure Theory. I have completed a draft of the first part discussing neural behaviors, perception, stored patterns plus recognizing and recalling what is stored. I was attracted to Numenta as a forum for this paper because of its research interest in the cortex, its openness to new ideas and its recognition of reverse engineering as a tool to better understand cognition. Since my interests are somewhat divergent from HTM, they appear to complement those I have seen in the forum’s members. I plan to post that paper shortly under Tangential Theories.