Re-Organisation of the C++, PY Community repos

Can I help explain the fuzzy bits? (don’t care about the name now)

In your other reply:

already has a repro that he is working on that re-structures the core. This will contain the Python 3 and Python 2.7 interfaces. SWIG and CapnProto will have been removed (I think that is the plan) and file structure moved around.

It’s this thread, right?
https://discourse.numenta.org/t/proposal-to-introduce-pybind-for-move-toward-python-3-compatibility
(I’m still unsure of so quick drop of serialization and swig…but maybe it can be mitigated? cont’ in the thread)

So when it is ready he will upload it and then it can be the base of the new nupic.community.core module (which you call nupic.cpp).

with the PROPOSED restructure, would that be A nupic.core.c++ ?

I will then add my C++/clr interface (windows managed code) which can also be used by C# clients. In the process of doing that I will also add some missing C++ code that would allow conventional C++ clients to register into the Network class any local C++ algorithms

this would be the nupic.bindings (new name, not the current)?

and use that to try out my algorithm…in other words, a C++ client.

Ah, a client to “nupic”, I call it a 3rd party app. I do that too and had this problem.
Maybe you want to start a separate thread for that, as it could be also interesting discussion?
In C++ (app), I simply interfaced the public API, no changes needed. For non-cpp apps on local machine I used IPC, or network protocols.