- [ ] looking for help setting up CI Setup CI · Issue #1 · htm-community/htm.core · GitHub
- [ ] looking for Reviewers team
- [x] PRs active,
- [ ] discuss and publish Goals of this repository
TL;DR: How to structure/organize these repos and their dependencies
Topic (re)started from here NEW htm-community forks: nupic.cpp, nupic.py - #3 by David_Keeney
There has been historical discussions (quite long) but with good points :
(TODO find other threads)
- nupic.PY (fork of nupic)
GitHub - htm-community/nupic.py: Numenta Platform for Intelligent Computing is an implementation of Hierarchical Temporal Memory (HTM), a theory of intelligence based strictly on the neuroscience of the neocortex.
- the oldest repo
- python only code
- wrappers for c+±optimized classes (used by default, decent speed)
- NAPI (API to create the HTM models)
- swarming (parameter optimization)
- almost 1:1 feature and CODE parity with c++
Nupic.CPP (fork of nupic.core):
- c++11, focused on speed
- nupic.bindings (the SWIG bindings that expose the library to other languages)
- 1:1 feature parity with nupic, official fork
- does not depend on any of the repos, afaik
Now, the questions are:
- Do we want the keep the 1:1 feature,code parity between the repos?
- What features/structure we want to keep in the repos? Ie. how to split them into modules?