- nupic.core and nupic provide CapNProto serialization for most classes/regions. There is also YAML (where used?)
@chhenning made (temporarily) removal of the feature in his fork, because it caused code complications.
So, do we need serialization? What for? Which framework to use?
yes, but for me it’s too complicated.
- User runs a HTM model, serializes and continues the next day.
- User trains HTM; reads the model and re-runs on multiple (test) cases.
- cross platform (Linux, Win, OSX)
- cross languages (C++, Py,…)
- little intrusiveness (capnp introduces at lot of code and compiler warnings)
- low complexity (e.g. not compiling *.capnp files)
- header only (cpp only)
- c++11 or later
- text (zipped)
- fast dump (aka memory mapped file; speed)
- I don’t need Serialization
- any working (basic) serialization is OK
- commonly used (high user base)