Why The Ancient Greeks Couldn't See Blue

After see this

I wonder how this affects the ability to represent fundamental attributes which are not stored. Moreover, this effect must happen in more than just color. Abstract ideas fall into this category. It even reminds me [of the time 40 years ago] of reading Kant’s “A Critique of Pure Reason”, in that how our mind imposes a reality on things because of the way that we view things at the onset.
The other thing that am interested in is using non-binary attributes. So instead of storing information that an attribute was found in the data, what about storing information in a fuzzy logic representation format [e.g. storing a value of how much (a value between 0 and 1) of one attribute is seen in the current observation]. If an attribute like blue cannot be found in the current data, it is time to add an new attribute which represents this new data.

3 Likes

A way I think about it more and more, is how everything is possibly related to everything else. So for instance 3 is before 4 and after 2, but also after 1. That way you can still see every item (or object or feature) as a binary relation to many other similar items.

In the same way blue is before black, but after cyan. And the tone A is before A# which itself is before B.

Does this make sense?