About Matt's website

I was a bit concerned to find that rhyolight.net redirects to url ach369.cc. My antivirus sw certainly doesn’t like the site. Here is a screen shot of where I ended up. Anyways I thought I should give the admins here a heads up. It’s linked on his GitHub page too.

Because I am linking to content related to HTM School and (a dedication) to Matt from an open source project so I am bit concerned. Best regards, Dave H.

2 Likes

Thanks for highlighting the problem.

Unfortunately the domain has been re-registered in Sept 2021 and is now used by someone else.
Perhaps the community might consider purchasing the domain next year when it expires?

Name Value
Domain Name RHYOLIGHT.NET
Registry Domain ID 2644549590_DOMAIN_NET-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server whois.hkdns.hk
Registrar URL http://www.hkdns.hk
Updated Date 2021-10-30T08:52:33Z
Creation Date 2021-09-30T02:28:34Z
Registry Expiry Date 2022-09-30T02:28:34Z
Registrar West263 International Limited
Registrar IANA ID 1915
Registrar Abuse Contact Email abuse@hkdns.hk
1 Like

Yes thanks Dan. I think a lot of expired web sites get purchased just so they can ransom it back to you.

Regarding Matt, I am in the late stages of preparing a FOSS beta release called the TaylorDo Disk Optimizer. You land on a dedication page about Matt which is (probably) a final draft except for moving the quickstart link to the top.

If anyone wants to make changes to, add to, or has feedback regarding the dedication page please feel free to do so. Many of you were friends of Matt so please do not hesitate to alter or add to it. It’s open source so you can do this at any time.
Here

2 Likes