Anaconda and htm.core

Oh man, don’t do that. Those videos are really old. I should probably take them down.

Matt taylor taught me a lot of new information. I respect him very much. And I will always follow. I hope I will meet you someday.:slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok, have Anaconda python working with htm.core on Windows 10. No need for virtualenv, just use the ‘Anaconda Prompt’.

You will have to build from sources because the pre-built packages are for standard python3.7. So you need to download the repository or clone it.

1. open the Anaconda Prompt , NOT the normal Command Prompt. Look in your start menu under 'Anaconda3 (64bit)`.
  2. cd to the htm.core repository that you downloaded or cloned.
  3. run python setup.py install

That should run successfully. You are ready to go.
To run the unit tests do the following:

python setup.py test

Note that htm.core is tested only with standard Python3.7 in the CI. However, the unit tests seem to work fine with Anaconda. So if anyone finds a problem running under Anaconda python let us know, otherwise we will not be aware of it.

I will update the htm.core README file.

3 Likes

Thank you so much. Problem is solved. I can code on both anaconda and pycharm.

1 Like

Your advice was very helpful. I installed the c ++ plugin and also used setup files in the CL folder.

1 Like

Hi, I was getting the following errors

Conda Create: 3.8.10
Installed using simple build instructions-

pip install setuptools packaging
python setup.py install
import htm
import htm.bindings
python setup.py test

all the tests work,except for 2 with these errors:
FAILED algorithms/anomaly_likelihood_test.py::ArtificialAnomalyTest::testCaseIncreasedSpikeFrequency - AssertionError: False is not true
FAILED algorithms/anomaly_likelihood_test.py::ArtificialAnomalyTest::testCaseUnusuallyHighSpikeFrequency - AssertionError: False is not true

and when I try

import htm.bindings.sdr

the above returns:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 1, in
File “/Applications/PyCharm CE.app/Contents/plugins/python-ce/helpers/pydev/_pydev_bundle/pydev_import_hook.py”, line 21, in do_import
module = self._system_import(name, *args, **kwargs)
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘htm.bindings.sdr’

thank you for any help!

Edit: I managed to fix the issue using python 3.7, I also cloned the repo instead of downloading for whatever that’s worth.