Anaconda and htm.core

Hello !

I try to install htm.core on Anaconda on Windows. I installed:
python -m pip install --no-cache-dir -r bindings/py/packaging/requirements.txt
python setup.py install --user --force

After second string I got some errors:
FileNotFoundError: [WinError 2] The system cannot find the file specified

Can you help me ?
Maybe, someone install htm.core on Anaconda.

Anaconda is not officially supported on htm.core but I think Fred Rotbart did get it to work. Check the issues: https://github.com/htm-community/htm.core/pull/484

I have been running in in Anaconda successfully.

Did you install VS2019 ? Which steps did you do for installing htm.core ?

Did you test on Windows ?

I am on macOS, not Windows. I installed simply with python setup.py install.

hi rhyolight, I am struggling here with getting htm.core to run properly. I tried installing via PyCharm and a Conda environment as well as a simple python install. After setup I was able to run setup.py test which seems to skip some tests and creates some warnings. I can successfully run the mnist.py example, but eg. the sp_tutorial.py stopps with this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “sp_tutorial.py”, line 107, in
overlaps = sp.getOverlaps()
AttributeError: ‘htm.bindings.algorithms.SpatialPooler’ object has no attribute ‘getOverlaps’

and the hotgym.py breaks with this:

TypeError: infer(): incompatible function arguments. The following argument types are supported:
1. (self: htm.bindings.algorithms.Predictor, pattern: htm.bindings.sdr.SDR) -> Dict[int, List[float]]

I have no clue what to do next. Any idea what I am missing?

1 Like

I don’t know what is going on, you’ll have to ask @David_Keeney or @dmac.

1 Like

ok, thank you for your fast reply!

1 Like

I’ve tried a lot and I’ve succeeded only with debian 10, installing cap ’ proto and configuring it accordingly (I mean CXX and stuff like this).
Now I’m working with jupyer and nupic very well!

Hello I am using HTM.Core on Anaconda with python 3.7.
When I start HTM code, import.htm line is working.
But, import htm.bindings.sdr line does not work.
I think the package is missing. How can I solve like this error.

@David_Keeney

Package

Anaconda is not officially supported although it might work. All of our testing is with the download from python.org. Having said that, I would think it should still import the bindings.

Where did you get your htm package? Did you build it from scratch with a clone of the repository or did you down load a pre-built package from Github releases. And, which platform are you using? Windows, Linux, or Mac. I would like to try to reproduce this error.

1 Like

I downloaded the HTM package from this address (https://github.com/htm-community/htm.core),
I built a clone of the repository from scratch with Using setup.py.
I’m using it on a Windows platform. Thank you.

I installed from here link ( python -m pip install -i https://test.pypi.org/simple/ htm.core
) and also used setup.py in repository clone.

@David_Keeney

Not sure what to say…
The package in pypi and the one available in Github releases are built for standard python37. Apparently the installer checks which version of python you are using before allowing it to be installed.

So, you will need to do a full build from sources using setup.py. You indicate that you already tried that.

pip uninstall htm.core
python setup.py install --user --force

So, I suggest that you add an Issue in https://github.com/htm-community/htm.core so we can track it and we will try to get to it as soon as we can.

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply. I do it all over again. I hope I can use it in a short time.

When I run this line, I get many errors like the following now.
“Python \ Python37 \ lib \ encodings \ cp1254.py”, line 23, in decode
return codecs.charmap_decode (input, self.errors, decoding_table) [0]
UnicodeDecodeError: ‘charmap’ codec can’t decode byte 0x8d in position 572: character maps to "

What do you think I should do? When this error is corrected, I think I will complete the installation :slight_smile:

Thanks

Hmmm, this is not an error I have see before.
Please post an issue for htm.core. In the mean time I will try to reproduce it.

1 Like

I think I did everything you wrote. But where am I doing it wrong.
I use pycharm instead of Anaconda platform now .:slight_smile:
I have both python 3.7.5 (x64 and x86) as interpreter on Windows 10.

I clone HTM.core files from the repository and loaded all the requirements. There is no error at this stage.

However, when I install with setup.py --user - force, I get an error and cannot proceed.

And also still import.sdr is not working. Could you help me? I have already posted an issue. Thanks.

@David_Keeney

If you are using anaconda, I don’t think you should use the --user option. And actually --force is usually a bad thing, too. What happens when you omit these options?

yes i tried omit too. I’m using pycharm now. I’m following Matt Taylor’s YouTube channel for binding. I’m inexperienced:( I need your help with setup and binding. I did cloning by connecting to github over Pycharm. And installing all the requirements. I have a setup problem and I can’t access c ++ libraries like sdr from python.
@rhyolight @David_Keeney

Errors are written in the posts I wrote to you.