Are properties of objects referencing models exterior to the cortical column?

Are properties of objects referencing models exterior to the cortical column? Or does a model of a given thing reference things all contained within the single cortical column? Or if there’s a model of a thing that needs to be referenced from within another thing, does the reference point all the way to something represented elsewhere in the brain, or always within that cortical column?

1 Like

I have similar wonders, and don’t see Thousand-Brains-Theory (even beyond HTM) giving clear answers by far.

Then I’m finding inspirations from THE CEREBRAL CODE, as suggested by @Bitking in this forum, I don’t claim a thorough understanding of both theories, but a (rather fast, compared to that of species) evolutionary (Darwinian) process facilitating the brain’s work, i.e. thinking, reasoning - seems a little better at explaining the facts.

Though I feel that even harder/further-away from engineering and useful software/hardware to produce, so not quite Numenta’s focus I guess.

As I understand it, THE CEREBRAL CODE would suggest that object referencing can be a mixture of the strange-attractor-patterns representing the referencer and the referent, leaving either become easier to emerge after the other has been thought-of.

See the sashimi example there.

1 Like