Dendrites workshop

Hi Subutai,
Could you link some video conferences, works, and/or papers you found relevant in the dendrites workshop you participated? When I say relevant I mean something that called your attention in the context of the research you are carrying out at Numenta.
It would also be great to see your exposition, if it is possible.
Best,
Dario

1 Like

Unfortunately the talks weren’t recorded. I just posted my slides onto slideshare.

There were a bunch of other interesting talks. Most of the talks were at the level of a single neuron, as the conference was focused on dendritic properties. If you look at slide 20, I list a number of predictions of HTM theory. There were at least three confirmations of these predictions discussed at the workshop (regarding NMDA spikes causing cells to fire earlier, number of NMDA spikes, and some of the learning rules).

1 Like

Thanks Subutai,
It would be great if you could give a talk about which were the predictions ratified and by which researchers. You could give that talk by means of hangouts at Numenta. I would undoubtedly attend it if you could.

Best,

Dario

@scott wrote a nice blog post on exactly this topic here:

If you scroll down half way, you’ll see essentially the same list as in my slide above, along with references. The actual details are somewhat involved and, being experimental neuroscience, always a bit messy - a hangout could be a good idea.

1 Like

Thanks for all the information Subutai,
I will be looking forward to hearing about the hangout meeting, I think this topic is worth enough to organize this.

Best,

Dario