Numenta release the thousands brains theory more than a year ago. However there’s no new development on TBT by Numenta nor the community have the ability to experiment with it. While it also has been a while since last the community came up with well-designed, impressive demos. And building demos is a important way to explore what TBT can/can’t do and spread the information around. In short, the Thousands Brains Theory look amazing but we (as a community) can’t utilize it without actionable code.
So I want to start a new project to build TBT in a way that people can start experimenting with the theory. Here’s some ideas
- Implement either using Etaler or HTM.core
- Hopefully resulting in a library everyone can use
It definitely will be a community project due to it’s large scope. And have a lot of open questions:
- How to verify the implementation is correct?
- What can we use TBT for?
- How to formulate lateral connections?
- How do we know if we have implemented stuff wrong or it’s just something TBT can’t do?
- Can we mix @Bitking’s hex cells into the code?
The first step in going to be figuring out how to implement lateral connections. I know people have been toying about TBT and related subjects for a very long time. We could start brainstorming what we should/could do and see where we ended up.