JavaScript frontend help wanted for BHTMS

As I mentioned in the topic Who is currently Building HTM Systems?, I am working on a documentation project called “Building HTM Systems”. You can see the work in progress here:

A big part of this is writing all the JavaScript visualizations that really make this a rich interactive document. I will be driving a path through this project and building a JavaScript HTM implementation along the way (see simplehtm), but I won’t have the time to do everything I want to get done.

So for the tasks I know I’d like to work on and don’t have the time, I’ll be creating issues in GitHub. These are open for anyone to work on. If you plan on contributing, you’ll need to sign the CLA, but that’s pretty much it. I’ll be the one reviewing all the PRs. If anyone wants to help, I’m current looking for someone to attach a dat.gui control panel for time encoding figure 1 and figure 2 (see corresponding issues).

Useful Skills

If anyone is interested in helping, please comment on the GitHub issues.

2 Likes

Just in case it was not clear, this is an open source volunteer opportunity. :smiley:

I’d like to help when I have the time. Is there an option to use HTML canvas or WebGL if appropriate?

2 Likes

Yes, actually. I will probably do some of the visuals that require 3D with lowbrow, which is an 3D HTM transposition library, on top of cellviz, a WEBGL library that renders HTM structures in 3D. (This is what I used for all the 3D HTM School animations, and I’ve figured out how to get them embedded into a Wordpress page.)

But this won’t be for a couple months, probably.

Also… I don’t mind newbies, and I don’t mind explaining things. Ask stupid questions, I’ll answer them. The architecture of these projects might not make sense because I developed all this in a cave on an island in the Pacific, with only the lizards to keep me company. What I’m trying to say is that it should have been peer-reviewed.

2 Likes

The lizards are pretty intelligent in their own right…

2 Likes

yeaaaah but some of those bastards will stab you RIGHT IN THE BACK if you let them

3 Likes

Definitely gotta watch out for the dumb boss sometimes.

1 Like