Numenta has been kinda inactive on youtube

I quite enjoy numenta’s lives and videos where they brainstorm stuff.

I wonder why they stopped.

4 Likes

Last I heard they were trying to move their work on from scientific theories into more practical/commercial applications of those theories. So they might have less neuroscience to talk about, and their new work might be more trade-secret’ed? Such is business.

2 Likes

Makes sense, companies gotta keep secrets, that makes me suspect they discovered something.

I’ll miss those videos though, not many people dare coming up with creative theories that might be proven wrong, these days all I find is uncontroversial experiments with boring results and no theory attached, a bummer.

2 Likes

Makes sense, companies gotta keep secrets, that makes me suspect they discovered something.

Either that or they needed to find a new stream of income and they consequently embraced the LLM era.

2 Likes

am not sure if you haven’t heard or dont know , numenta community manager also happens to be the the person responsible for running youtube info sessions Matt Taylor passed away an year back or so .

1 Like

Which spells a death blow to their theories honestly - as far as the rest of the community is concerned. If you’re still relying on LLMs, then you aren’t fixing the fundamental architectural limitations of LLMs…

1 Like

Yeah, I know, Matt was a cool, guy, we will miss him a lot.
still, I wouldn’t expect numenta to stop their meetings because of that.

1 Like

Perhaps, but they are not streaming them now.

True. I’ve been following them in LI. Pretty much they’re more focused in their new discovery, and I’ve been trying to infer it from their posts. Obviously, it’s a secret at the moment, but it seems to be either revolutionary or marketing ploy.

Another thing to note is that, if you guys have listened to Jeff’s interview in Lex Fridman podcast, their current strategy (future at that time) for the time being (DL era) was crystal clear. The business needs to survive to continue its truthful neuroscience-based intelligent machines research.

2 Likes