Run test fail on Ubuntu 14 LTS

Hi!

I’ve been following the instructions of this post Compiling NuPIC on Ubuntu 14 to install Ubuntu 14 and came across this errors when running test either using sudo command or not.

osboxes@osboxes:~/.local/bin$ cd NUPIC osboxes@osboxes:~/nupic python NUPIC/scripts/run_nupic_tests.py -u ERROR: `pytest-xdist` is not installed. Certain testing features are not available without it. The complete list of python requirements can be found in requirements.txt. osboxes@osboxes:~/nupic sudo python NUPIC/scripts/run_nupic_tests.py -u [sudo] password for osboxes: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/home/osboxes/nupic/scripts/run_nupic_tests.py", line 262, in <module> os.chdir(os.getenv('NUPIC')) TypeError: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, NoneType found osboxes@osboxes:~/nupic

I have pytest-xdist==1.18.0 and all the requirements of requirements.txt already installed and I did the setup.py command for nupic installation without problems.

I’m running behind a proxy server but don’t think it matters in this error…

Thanks for your answer in advance!

You should be able to install now with pip without compiling locally. Try uninstalling completely and then run pip install nupic --user. If there are errors, please past them into a gist for me to review.

Thanks for your answer Matt!

I started from scratch again and did the compiling tutorial. And now when running the test I don´t get any errors but I do get some xfails and pytest-warnings…

Is it okay or do I need to fix this?

That is expected. Great!

Thanks!!!