Test nupic with py.test

Hi, All,

I just installed nupic following the instruction on github, and I tried to run the suggested test

From the root of the repo:

py.test tests/unit

However, the directory was not found.

I found the directory here,

I ran $ py.test unit, and I got the following response

============== test session starts================================
platform darwin – Python 2.7.12 – pytest-2.5.1
plugins: cov, xdist
collecting 6 itemsAbort trap: 6

Can anyone tell me where I did wrong ?

Thanks !

Po-Hsuan

1 Like

Run tests like this from the nupic repo:

> cd scripts
> python run_nupic_tests.py -u
================================================= test session starts ==================================================
platform darwin -- Python 2.7.10 -- pytest-2.5.1 -- /usr/bin/python
plugins: cov, xdist
collected 887 items / 5 skipped

Hi,when i run this command,i got 25 failed.Most of them are about spartialPoolerTest,and “tests/unit/nupic/research/temporal_memory_test.py:1027: AssertionError” as well. I follow all the steps on the github and there is no error message while installing it.Any advice?Thanks!

Can you capture the entire console output of the test command and paste in pastebin.com or gist.github.com please?

I have a similar error. Here’s my pastbin link: https://pastebin.com/n9rjJapd Kindly advise!

Never mind, I installed nupic using the repository (pip install . instead of pip install nupic), it seems the test was successful. I got some warnings at the end, pasted below. I hope these are okay to ignore!

========================================== pytest-warning summary ==========================================
WC1 /home/vedhas_augs/Setups/Numenta/nupic/tests/unit/nupic/engine/network_test.py cannot collect test class ‘TestNode’ because it has a init constructor
WC1 /home/vedhas_augs/Setups/Numenta/nupic/tests/unit/nupic/frameworks/opf/htmpredictionmodel_classifier_helper_test.py cannot collect test class ‘TestOptionParser’ because it has a init constructor
WC1 /home/vedhas_augs/Setups/Numenta/nupic/tests/unit/nupic/regions/knn_anomaly_classifier_region_test.py cannot collect test class ‘TestOptionParser’ because it has a init constructor
WC1 /home/vedhas_augs/Setups/Numenta/nupic/tests/unit/nupic/support/decorators_test.py cannot collect test class ‘TestParentException’ because it has a init constructor
WC1 /home/vedhas_augs/Setups/Numenta/nupic/tests/unit/nupic/support/decorators_test.py cannot collect test class ‘TestChildException’ because it has a init constructor
================== 710 passed, 17 skipped, 8 xfailed, 5 pytest-warnings in 83.87 seconds ===================

1 Like

Yes, that is “normal”. :wink: