Upcoming Numenta Online Events: Please Vote

First of all, I sincerely hope all of you in our community are staying healthy during these trying times across the globe. COVID-19 is affecting us all in different ways, but we can still use this forum to keep up some community camaraderie. Please don’t be shy to post here in the #community:lounge, even if you just want someone to talk to while you’re in isolation.

Since we at Numenta are already set up to live-stream our research meetings, it makes it easier for us to create interactive online events with the community. I am working with the team to plan some events over the next month or two while people are mostly working from home, so we can continue to bring you live content and interaction. Some things I’ll be working on:

We’re still thinking about the best way to do the presentations. We could take a whole work day and open up ZOOM meetings throughout the day, similar to an unconference, where attendees can join any of the presentations throughout the day. Or we could just do one per day over the course of a week. I want to make these as interactive as possible, so live attendance is important to me. I’m including some polls below so you can help me choose the timing for these events. They will all be available to view later, but if you attend live, you can ask questions in real-time.

The hackers’ hangout will be open to the public like always, but the other events may be RSVP only, and you’ll need a password to join. I’ll post more information as we plan the events.

Best weekday time for attending online events:

• morning (9AM-12PM PDT / 4PM - 7PM UTC)
  • afternoon (12PM-5PM PDT / 7PM - 12AM UTC)
  • evening (5PM-9PM PDT / 12AM - 4AM)

0 voters

How should we pace out these online presentations:

• one topic / stream per day
  • all in one day, throughout the day (like an unconference)

0 voters

Thank you for taking the time to read this message and take the polls. Please only take them if you want to attend the events live. Stay healthy!

10 Likes