Brains@Bay Meetup - A Thousand Brains: a fireside chat with Jeff Hawkins (Apr 14, 2021)

In this meetup, neuroscientist and entrepreneur Jeff Hawkins, co-founder of Numenta, will be talking about his new book A Thousand Brains: A New Theory of Intelligence.

This is a fireside chat between Numenta’s researcher Lucas Souza and Jeff, where they will cover the main aspects of the theory, what it represents for neuroscience and machine learning and how can we incorporate these breakthrough ideas into our existing learning algorithms. This is followed by a Q&A.

Link to meetup: Login to Meetup | Meetup

5 Likes

I have just completed a book review for “A Thousand Brains” which I would like to share with this community. I have written this review from the perspective of one of you, who has been an avid follower and occasional participant to this forum and community events for about a decade. I wanted also to both pay tribute to Jeff and his valuable contributions which he so openly shares with us. And also to reflect on my own thoughts which reading this book has evoked. Perhaps my thoughts are also of interest or may stimulate further discussion. I certainly recommend anyone who has not yet had the pleasure, to make certain you read “A Thousand Brains”.

Geoff Hinton is starting to sound like Jeff Hawkins in the things he says. I don’t know where Jeff Heaton is on the issue though.
https://youtu.be/N0ER1MC9cqM

1 Like