Brains@Bay Talk: Lateral connections in the neocortex, Wednesday June 3, 10am PDT

This Wednesday June 3, we will be holding a Brains@Bay talk at 10am PDT. If you’re unfamiliar with Brains@Bay, it’s a meetup group one of our researchers started last year that focuses on how neuroscience can inspire us to create improved artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms.

This Wednesday, we’re doing a special edition of the meetup in lieu of our regular Numenta Research meeting. We have invited researchers from the Allen Institute for Brain Science to discuss their recently published paper on modeling these connections. Speakers will be Stefan Mihalas, Ramakrishnan Iyer, and Brian Hu. For more details or to register for the talk, you can visit the Meetup page: https://www.meetup.com/BraIns-Bay/events/270695139/

9 Likes

Thank you.

Will it be streamed? Or will it be recorded and posted on YouTube?

2 Likes

It will be shown live via zoom (need to register on meetup.com to get the link). We’ll also post the recording on YouTube shortly after.

4 Likes

Shouldn’t there be much more collaboration between the Numenta/HTM community and the Allen Institute, especially regarding the interdependent connections between the research on neocortical structures and computational neuroscience? At least an exchange on a periodic basis, perhaps twice a year, would seem mutually beneficial.

Here is just one amazing, awesome example of their research. (I do not use such words very often).

2 Likes

That’s quite a dense video… I feel I’ll need to watch it several times to get more details from it.

1 Like