HTM Mini-Columns into Hexagonal Grids!

Bitking can i clarify something with you.

The first and most important for me atm is how to treat the input that each mini-column / L2/3 cell would receive. In the spatial pooler implementation within a 2D input space (lets say MNIST) each mini column has a receptive field value (as it is an 2D array this is I guess a square around its centre). Within this receptive field (ie offsets from column index etc) a random number of input cells / array indices are chosen to be seen as connected, around 2% or however the original algorithm determines it.

If, as can be done already our spatial pooler outputs a 2D array of bits (i.e an 2D SDR), do you see each L2/3 cell / minicolumn as simply being a single / one to one mapping to the input SDR, or does each L2/3 cell also have a receptive field in which it can connect to multiple inputs.

This ignores the 0.5m dendrite ‘halo’ element of the hex grid activations.

I’m just curious to see what the best and most plausible approach to feeding in the input from the SP to a calvin layer / L2/3 layer would be.

I’ve been looking at: Project : Full-layer V1 using HTM insights to get an idea of the ‘dendritic extent’ as gimery puts it, but wasn’t sure how to handle the actual input part.

Cheers