Questions about using saved models

Hi, Taylor, I have been the save/load stage, now. And there are some questions:

1. Does the ‘deficiency’ mentioned in this topic has be repaired ?, if not, you mean use the module ‘pickle’, right? As I am not familiar with this module, could you give me some more information about how to save the likelihood by using pickle ?

2. I have got the right place to learn how to save/ load models: http://nupic.docs.numenta.org/1.0.0/guides/serialization.html
    However, I am a little confused with it. As I have read the code of htm_prediction ( and model_factory), I have find there are two ways to save/load model:

• save/load: inside the code, it take advantage of pickle module.

• readFromCheckpoint/writeToCheckpoint ( or loadFromCheckpoint of model_factory, which inner call readFromCheckPoint ): behind them is capnp

Both of these have been deprecated, according to the page: “Serialization” (i.e., the url mentioned above). Since the methods are still in the the model, does it means I could still use them either ? then, I wonder the difference between these two ways with respect to the saved model ?

1. In the page mentioned above(i.e., the url above), writeToFile/readFromFile are the recommended methods, but in the htm_prediction model, I could not find the functions, does it means I can’t still use them? If they could be used now, does it work similarly to the methods mentioned above. Say I would like to save a model I can just work like this: model.writeToFile(dir) ? as the example just illustrates how to save SP, I don’t if it is the same to model.

2. I find a topic: “Load/Save model may lose precision?”
    Load/Save model may lose precision?
    Does this affect much to the result or model?

As last, I there is another question :blush:
5 . HTM loss its prediction ability - #13 by Pegasus
In this topic, I ask a question, could you give an answer ?