We don't even have a slightest clue of what conscioussness is

When you look at it, a single cell in your body is just doing what it’s supposed to do. It is by no means cognizant of you as a person. Same as you, you are not aware of a single cell in your body. But for whatever reason, when these cells are structured in a certain way, then there is an emergent feature that is completely irrelevant to its substitutes. 2+2 is 10. I can’t even begin to think about consciousness. it’s so out of this world. At least, I can think about intelligence, how memory works, how we can think about love, or almost any other brain function. Not that we know how they completely work, but I can kind of understand it. Like if someday, we find the mechanism, I’m sure I will be able to get the gist of it in a few hours. But for qualia or consciousness, I’m not sure really.

Also, I never thought I would someday give a probability that our world might be conscious as well, but why not? when our brains are, who can say that the universe which is equally complex and dynamic with multidimensional interactions is not?!

Sometimes it feels as if the more you read about the consciousness, the less you feel you know about it.

1 Like

If you haven’t already, pour yourself a glass of scotch and have a read over this classic thread from last year: Intelligence vs Consciousness

5 Likes

Um, give this a read and get back to me …

and

3 Likes