HTM Hackers' Hangout - Feb 2, 2018

Whoops! I skipped last month’s hangout. Sorry! So this will be the first hangout of 2018. If anyone wants to suggest topics, please do so in a post.

This month, we’ll talk about:

• Grid cells
  • community fork
    • python 3
  • siraj raval
  • research update (?)

As always, you can watch live or after the event here:

Stay tuned to this thread for a link to join the hangout and discuss live immediately before the broadcast.

2 Likes

Would python 3 migration be a good topic?

1 Like

Would it be a good idea to discuss how to attain spatial invariance, if that hasn’t been addresses yet, unless there is an upcoming htm school video on the subject.

I don’t think anyone has any answers to that problem yet, but feel free to bring it up!

Reminder! Today at 3PM Pacific! Anyone planning to join?

1 Like

Love to be there, but going on vacation.

Would be great even if one of you guys working on the fork can join so we can have a discussion about your progress that the rest of the community can watch (@chhenning @breznak @David_Keeney).

I’ll there.

1 Like

I’m starting to regret my ski trip plans this weekend. I’m really curious about the grid cell discussion and I’m falling behind on that research.

Remember it will be available on YouTube afterwards!

1 Like

Join here now.

1 Like

Great talk guys! It is strange that we have been chatting up grids in a topic and it looks like you are also really into grids at this time.
Please look at How HTM is supposed to deal with spatial invariance? and lend your insights into where I have this wrong.
Or right.
It continues here: How HTM is supposed to deal with spatial invariance?
and here: How HTM is supposed to deal with spatial invariance?

From a theoretical view on grids look at this: How HTM is supposed to deal with spatial invariance?

1 Like