Numenta now hiring ML Engineer / Scientist

I am excited to announce a new job opening at Numenta for a Machine Learning Engineer / Scientist. You will be working directly with a small research team in Redwood City, CA. This is a full-time, non-remote position.

6 Likes

Too bad that I have none of the qualifications… :’(

1 Like

If I was doing this for pay it would stop being fun. If I had to toil under direction to do the bits I think are not that interesting- yuck! It would be like work.

1 Like

Still a while till I graduate. :frowning:

2 Likes

But if you’re working another job anyway, wouldn’t it be better if it were closely related to your own research?
Selfishly I am biased toward whatever gets your research project published fastest :stuck_out_tongue: I’m as interested in it as I am Numenta’s work.

And getting paid to study intelligence at all? I think if you live in the US or can move, you’d be mad to not throw your hat in the ring!

3 Likes

Thanks for the words of encouragement.

The problem here is that my work is NOT what I would be working on. As I see it - the work at Numenta is what Jeff wants. I have communicated briefly with Jeff here on the forum and he does not seem to see any value in extending HTM with the work of Calvin. I suspect that since it is not part of his vision it would be at odds with any direction that he offers.

I could be very wrong but I think I will make more progress working in the few hours remaining between building scales at work, chores, eating and sleeping.

Life is like that.

1 Like