Please read this before posting on this forum.
Table of Contents
- What is This Forum?
- Before Posting
- Things to Read
- Forum Preferences
- Moderation Policies
- Examples of High Quality Posts
- Questions or Feedback Regarding this Forum
This forum centers around the machine intelligence concept of Hierarchical Temporal Memory (HTM) developed by Numenta and incubated in Numenta’s open source community. HTM is a biologically constrained theory of intelligence based upon research into the neuroscience of the mammalian neocortex.
- Visit the TOP page to see the most actively discussed topics in the last year / month / week.
- Visit the CATEGORIES page to get a broad overview of what’s going on here.
- Search before opening a new topic, as someone might have already created a topic. (Use the search icon in the upper right of every page.
Here are some topics you might be interested in if you are new to the site.
- Preliminary details about new theory work on sensory-motor inference
- H is for Hierarchy, but where is it?
- How to migrate from the mailing lists to HTM Forum (useful if you are migrating from one of our mailing lists)
You might not want to receive emails from this forum, or get notified about topics in some categories. You have a lot of control over this in your preferences, where you can mute categories and turn off emails. For questions about preferences, please see the #other-topics:site-feedback forum.
Most offenses will be dealt with initially with a warning. Subsequent offenses will result in a temporary account suspension. HTM Forum staff members have the authority to permanently ban any forum member for any reason without warning. See our complete Terms of Service for details.
Reasons we moderate posts
- Code of Conduct Violations: We will not tolerate any harassment in any form. All posts must meet the expectations established in our Code of Conduct.
- Off Topic Posts: Staff will move topics from one category into another if they are a better fit elsewhere. Staff may also split a topic into multiple topics if the conversation is going into two different directions. We have a lot of categories for discussion. If you think there should be more, please contact a staff member.
- Typos, formatting, broken links, etc.: Staff may edit posts to improve the formatting and links within the posts.
Reasons we might suspend your account
- Continued Off-Topic Posts: This is a forum about HTM. We want to keep all topics (except those specifically in the #other-topics area) related to HTM. If you continue to post off-topic posts after being warned, your account may be suspended.
- Rudeness: Staff will not tolerate rudeness in any form. We expect our members to be nice to each other. We are all human beings.
- Arguing With Staff: If you have an issue with our moderation policy, please contact a staff member directly. Arguing with staff in a public discussion will result in an account suspension.
Here are some examples of well-constructed topics:
- HTM Columns into Hexagonal Grids!
- Oscillatory “Thousand Brains” Mind's Eye For HTM?
- Basic Spatial Pooler Questions
Please submit any questions or feedback on the #other-topics:site-feedback section of the forum.