What Happens With BAMI?

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on this forum - as I just joined (although I’ve been watching Jeff and Numenta since more than 10 years ago).

My first question is about the HTM online book - BAMI. Is this being kept up to date by Numenta? If I understood correctly, this was supposed to contain the full theory and algorithms for HTM implementations. I’m confused because I didn’t see a note that it’s obsolete, but I see pointers to various articles on the details of the spatial pooler and the temporal memory. and BAMI doesn’t seem to have been updated in a relatively long time now.

I’m considering writing a full HTM implementation from scratch and I wonder if there’s enough detail available to do that. I wanted to do this for many years now (you could call me an experienced programmer), but I always felt the documentation available was not enough. Now there seems to be a bit more available, but where is the current reference material?

Thanks,
Victor

3 Likes

No one has seriously worked on BAMI in a long time. We prioritized other writings higher over the past couple of years. However I am planning on spending some time working on BAMI this year if all goes as planned. I would love to give it a facelift, turn it into a reference-able web asset, and do some updates.

6 Likes

I notice that the Chinese version of BAMI needs to be updated with HTM recent research work. I wonder if I can help you for translating English version into Chinese version.
I think that is the best way to learn about HTM theory.
@rhyolight

2 Likes

@zzy824 Let me know if you are translating. I think I can help.

1 Like

Now I am reading both Chinese and English version of BaMI. I have not started to translate, because I don’t have source files of BaMI(latex or markdown). Anyway, nice to meet you. I am in my first year of master in Computer Technology. You can know more about me at here. @marty1885

1 Like

@zzy824 We decided not to continue working on BAMI, instead, I’ll be working on Building HTM Systems (WIP Document). Maybe this could be translated once we are finished with it?

1 Like

Nice to meet you. The link you provided doesn’t seem to work.

I am very sorry for my carelessness. I have corrected the link above :smile: . Or you can go directly to https://zzy824.cn. My research track is Video description. You can add me via Wechat number(zhuzhengyuan002) if you use Wechat. Or through email(zhuzhengyuan824@gmail.com).
I am looking forward to hearing from you~

I have try my best to translate “Spatial-Pooling-Algorithm-Details” and “Temporal-Memory-Algorithm-Details” to Chinese.I hope it is useful.
https://github.com/notstrange/BAMI-s-translation

4 Likes

Thank you @bcc! This is very useful for our Chinese readers. Please share with anyone you think will enjoy reading.

1 Like